Abstracts submission has been closed.
Thank you for your submission.
We welcome proposals to present at the 2020 Yokohama Sport Conference, held from 8th to 11th September 2020, in Yokohama, Japan. We warmly invite scholars from around the world, especially those with interests related to sports sciences, physical activity, and physical education.
The origins of the 2020 Yokohama Sport Conference can be traced back to Pre-Olympic Congresses, and in a similar way, this conference seeks to provide a unique forum for multi- and inter-disciplinary studies in sport, physical activity, physical education, and health. Academic researchers and practitioners are encouraged to submit abstracts for inclusion in the programme.
We have 22 topics that approach multiple aspects of sport and physical activity. The full list of topics is provided below.
Instructions for Abstract Submission
- Online submission will be the only method for abstract submissions. Unfortunately, abstracts received via e-mail attachment or fax will not be accepted.
- You can submit an abstract even if your topic is not on the list.
- Unpublished papers are preferable but if you mention that your paper is published in a proceedings or journal, you will still be able to present at the conference.
- Please click the "New Submission" button to proceed to submission.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours after submitting your abstract, please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com.
- After you complete your abstract submission, you will have your own "Abstract MyPage". In order to login to your "Abstract MyPage", please enter your email address and password.
- If you need revise your abstract, please login to your "MyPage" and proceed to the "Edit/Review Abstract" page.
- Please note, you are responsible for proofreading and making necessary corrections of your abstracts.
- Early submissions are always advised in the case of internet connectivity issues or technical problems. You are responsible for submitting within the deadline, regardless of issues that may arise.
- Abstracts should contain the following points:
- Word Count: 250-300 words (including references)
- No figures should be included
- Please note: no final manuscript submissions will be required.
- There are two presentation formats: 1) Oral and 2) Poster.
- Submission of papers is limited to one per head author.
- Co-author can present as well as head author.
- Poster presentation tend to be a relatively interactive format, in which presenter and audience are closer to each other and more lively discussions are likely to take place. Oral presentations typically involve the presentation of a paper, and are held in a meeting room with data projection options.
- All the submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed by the LOC after submission.
- Notification of results will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
- The number of presentations is limited to one per person. If multiple papers by a group are accepted, the presenter of each accepted paper must be different.
- Those who are accepted to present at the conference are required to register fully.
- One person can present one paper.
- Please note that those who fail to complete their registrations by the due date will not be able to present at the conference.
In order to encourage the submissions and participation of young researchers and students, a travel grant programme has been prepared. Those who meet the following criteria may apply for the travel grant.
- The head author must be under 30 years of age at the time application for the travel grant.
- The submitted paper must be selected to present at the conference. Any presentation format is acceptable.
- The head author must participate in the conference and make his/her presentation at the conference.
ID to prove applicants’ age should be submitted at the time of paper submission (passport, student ID, etc., that shows the date of birth of head author). Those who are successful in their application will receive travel support to attend the conference. Applicants are asked to complete their registration by themselves as instructed. Submissions must undergo peer review and final decisions will be made by the Organising Committee of the conference.
List of Topics
||Sport and Peace
||Values in Sport
||Sport and Human Rights
||Sport and Body Culture
||Sport and Sustainable Development
||Sport and Integrity
||Diversity and Inclusion
||Sport and Gender
||Sustainable Development in Sports Organization
||Support for Athletes
||Top Athlete and Society
||Promotion of Sport and Physical Activity
||Sport for Children
||Quality Physical Education
||Major Sport Events and Their Legacies
||Sport and Social Challenges
||Keeping the History of Sport Alive
||Role of Sport Science
- Abstract Submission Deadline :
15 March, 2020 31 March 24:00(Japan Standard Time)
- Notification of Abstract Results : from 19 May
- New Submission
- Abstract MyPage